A healthy copycat version of Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad that's just as good as the original for a fraction of the calories!
FOR THE SALAD:
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce — about 1 head
- 1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 8 Crispy Asian Chicken Tenders
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 green onions — chopped
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-2 tablespoons nonfat milk — if necessary
- Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl or large measuring cup, combine the Greek yogurt, honey, vinegar, mustard, sesame oil, and salt. Taste and add more salt as desired. If the dressing is too thick for your liking, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, until the desired consistency is reached.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the romaine, red cabbage, and carrots. Arrange the chicken tenders on top. Drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle with the chow mein noodles, almonds, and green onion. Enjoy immediately.