Authentic Mexican Rice
This Authentic Mexican Rice is super easy to make and goes perfectly with any Mexican meal!
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 white onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Lime for serving
- 2 tablesponos Cilantro for garnish
- Place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeño, and tomato sauce in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Set a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat, add in the oil and rice. Continue to cook, stirring frequently until the rice is golden and toasted.
- Add in the tomato puree, broth, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce the heat to low to maintain a simmer and cover. Cook 20 minutes then turn off the heat, let it sit for 10 minutes before uncovering. Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime.