Beet Salad with Spinach, Cashews, and Goat Cheese
Beet Salad with Spinach, Cashews, Cranberries, and Goat Cheese with honey, lemon and olive oil dressing. Healthy, gluten free, Mediterranean-style salad, packed with fiber and nutrients.
- 2 beets , cooked, sliced
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cashews , roasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 oz goat cheese
Honey-Lemon salad dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- In a salad bowl, combine baby spinach, sliced cooked beets, roasted cashews, and dried cranberries. (You can cook the beets by boiling them in water for about 20-30 minutes, letting them cool, peeling them, and then slicing them). Do not add goat cheese yet.
- In a separate small bowl, combine salad dressing ingredients: olive oil, honey, lemon juice. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the salad dressing over the beet salad, and mix. Do not add all of the salad dressing at once. Add just enough to coat the salad to your taste. You might use all of the dressing - you might not. Top your beet salad with crumbled goat cheese.