These extra cripsy homemade chicken tenders with buttermilk are coated with the perfect seasoning.
- 1lb Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/8-1/4 tsp Cayenne
- Oil, for frying
- Place chicken strips in a medium bowl and pour buttermilk over the top until they are submerged. Place in fridge and allow to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Take another bowl and add the flour and seasonings. Stir with a fork to combine. Now drizzle about 1/4 cup of buttermilk into the flour, stirring lightly with your fork as you add it. (This will create the small clumps of batter that make the chicken tenders extra crispy!)
- Heat your deep fryer to 375 F or add 1″ of oil to a cast iron skillet and heat oil to temperature over medium heat.
- Once the chicken tenders are done soaking, remove them from the buttermilk mixture and dredge in the flour. Turn them over to thoroughly coat each side.
- When oil has come to temperature, add the chicken tenders, frying in batches if necessary. Cook them on each side for about 2 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove them from the oil and place on a cooling rack over a baking sheet or paper-lined plate.