Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Casserole
This Quinoa Broccoli Casserole is easy to make and packed with flavor! With cheddar, goat cheese and a hint of kick this healthy recipe makes a great family meal. Make it vegetarian by substituting tempeh for the chicken.
- 6 tablespoons pastured butter or olive oil
- 6 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese shredded and divided or Daiya
- 3 ounces seasoned goat cheese or Daiya
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 16 ounces cooked chicken or tempeh chopped
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in milk. Stirring constantly, bring to a simmer.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened. Reduce heat to low and add in 4 ounces of cheddar cheese, goat cheese, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in chicken, quinoa and broccoli. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly. Allow to sit 10 minutes before serving.