Chopped Cauliflower Broccoli Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
This sassy salad is party perfect and fit for a crowd! Making it on a smaller scale?
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1.5 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup cooked corn (fresh, canned, or steamed from frozen)
- 15 oz canned chickpeas drained + rinsed
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion or to taste
- 2 TBSP chopped green onion
- garnish with fresh parsley for an optional topping
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1.5 ripe avocado*
- 1/2 cup quality mayo
- 1 TBSP lemon juice (extra to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Wash and chop your veggies and toss 'em all together!
- For the corn, steam or sauté if using fresh or frozen. If using canned, simply drain and rise. I opted for frozen corn + lightly steamed.
- Next toss all your dressing ingredients in a food processor and blend until perfectly smooth and creamy. Feel free to add any extra salt/pepper/spices to taste. A blender or immersion blender may also be used with great results!
- Toss your veggies in about 1/4 of the dressing adding extra as desired. You may want a little, or a lot! The dressing keeps marvelously refridgerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- save the remaining avocado to top on your salad or save it for a snack! I face planted into mine with a sprinkle of sea salt and a spoon.
- Making it for later? You totally can! I like to keep my chopped veggies and avocado dressing in separate containers in the fridge and combine before serving.
- Leftovers? I didn't know how they'd hold up once mixed the following day but I loved the leftovers here! Since the veggies soaked up the dressing partially, I just added a bit more before diving back in. Easy peasy!
- See post below for special diets and swaps, including a tasty vegan version of the dressing!