Death By Chocolate Cheesecake has an Oreo crust with creamy, decadent and rich chocolate cheesecake. Topped with dark chocolate ganache this is a chocolate lovers dream come true!
- 10 ounces oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- To make the oreo crust layer: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor pulse the oreo cookies until they are fine crumbs. Put them into a small bowl and add the melted butter and stir until incorporated. Press into the bottom of your 8-9 inch greased springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes and remove and let cool while you make the filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling: Melt the 10 ounces of chocolate in the microwave or using a double broiler until smooth. Set aside. In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder until smooth. Add in the melted chocolate and eggs and fold in until incorporated. Pour over the oreo crust. Bake for 1 hour or until the center is set. Let cool to room temperature. Release the spring form pan and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the chocolate ganache: Melt the chocolate, whipping cream and sugar in a small bowl in the microwave or in a small saucepan until smooth. Spread on the top of the cheesecake and chill until set. Top with chocolate curls if desired.