Mini Cheesecakes with Salted Caramel
These Mini Cheesecakes with Salted Caramel are so ridiculously delicious and creamy.
- 9 sheets of Graham crackers, crushed (about 1 1/8 cups)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Your favorite quality caramel sauce
- Fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cavity muffin pan with paper liners, or spray a mini cheesecake pan with spray oil.
- In a small bowl or the bowl of a mini food processor, mix together the crushed graham crackers, 1 1/2 T sugar, and melted butter. Divide the mixture among the cavities of the pan, and tamp it down into an even layer with some of the Graham cracker mixture coming up the sides.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove the pan and let cool while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar with a mixer on low speed until smooth. Stir in the flour.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until just combined. Add the vanilla, sour cream, and heavy cream, and mix until combined.
- Tap the mixing bowl on the counter about 30 times to release any air bubbles.
- If you are using a mini cheesecake pan, fill each one up to the top. You will have extra batter. If you are using a muffin pan, Divide the batter among the cavities to about 2/3 full.
- If you are using a mini cheesecake pan, bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until the centers are slightly jiggly. If you are using a muffin pan, bake for 20 to 23 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for an hour. Once they are cooled, refrigerate, covered loosely with wax paper and plastic wrap, for at least 2 hours. They can also be frozen after chilling.
- Right before serving, top with a small amount of warmed caramel and a sprinkling of sea salt.