Orange Chicken 30 Minutes Skillet Recipe
Orange Chicken 30 Minute Skillet Recipe: A easy dinner idea that is family friendly!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- Sesame seeds & sliced green onions for garnish if desired
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce optional
- Start by cutting 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breasts into chunks (about 1 – 1 1/2 cubes). Mix together soy sauce, cornstarch, and water. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Allow the chicken to marinate for 5 minutes.
- While it is marinating, prepare the orange sauce so that it is ready when you need it later. Whisk together fresh squeezed orange juice, dark brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, orange zest, and optional sriracha sauce. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon and carefully add it to the skillet. Stir-fry the chicken, over medium-high heat, for 5-7 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Add the orange sauce to the chicken and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring often until the sauce has thickened.
- Top with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired. Serve over rice or noodles.