Quick Veggie Tofu Stir-fry
Quick veggie tofu stir fry. V. good. Replaced the chili paste with peanut butter for small boy sake.
- 1 lb extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1 organic red pepper, cubed
- 1 organic yellow pepper, cuber
- 1 organic orange pepper, cubed
- 12 oz fresh broccoli
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 tbsp sesame oil, olive oil will work too
- 2 tbs red curry paste
- 1/3 cup reduced soy sauce
- 3 tbs water
- 1 1/2 tsp arrowroot powder
- In a small mixing bowl mix the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet place the oil and tofu and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to brown around the edges. Add the chopped peppers and ginger and cook, stirring in between, until the peppers are tender. About 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cook further for 2 minutes. Add the sauce and stir making sure it coats the veggies and tofu. Turn the heat off and add the sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately over brown rice or quinoa.