Creamy Mushroom Garlic Chicken Recipe
Juicy chicken in creamy garlic mushroom sauce served with mashed potatoes or pasta for a quick and delicious dinner!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter , divided
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- chopped parsley
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Season each piece with salt and pepper.
- Add flour to a shallow dish. Dredge each chicken piece in flour.
- In a large skillet, heat up olive oil and butter over medium heat. When butter is melted, add floured chicken pieces to pan. Cook until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. The internal temperature should register 165 degrees F. Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate. Set aside.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed. Add garlic to pan and saute until fragrant. Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon so all of the browned bits from cooking chicken are mixed into the sauce.
- Remove skillet from heat, add cream and stir well. Return chicken to skillet. Place back on heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until the whole dish is hot.
- Serve chicken with mashed potatoes or cooked pasta. Spoon mushroom sauce over each pieces. Garnish with chopped parsley and more black pepper.