Curry Fried Rice -1 Pot 20 Mins
This Curry Fried Rice is packed full of flavor. 1 Pot 20 Mins. Easy to make and gluten free. Use other cooked grains, spice blends for variation. A perfect side or a light meal. Vegan Glutenfree
- 2 cups (316 g) cooked cooled rice , Or 3/4 cup uncooked rice, see notes for cooking instructions.
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 (0.5 ) medium onion chopped
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger optional
- 1/2 (0.5 ) green pepper chopped
- 1/2 (0.5 ) red bell pepper chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1/2 cup (64 g) carrots sliced
- 1/3 cup (48.33 g) or more peas
- 1 tbsp or more curry powder or 1 tsp turmeric + 1 tsp coriander powder+ 1 tsp garam masala, or use berbere or jamaican curry blend
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt or to taste
- lime or lemon juice to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, serrano pepper and a dash of salt. Cook until translucent. 2 mins. Add the ginger, garlic and mix well.Cook for a minute.
- Add the peppers, zuzzhini and carrots and a dash of salt. Cook for 2 minutes. Then mix, cover and cook for another 2 mins or until al dente. Add the peas and curry powder or other spices and mix in. (At this point you can also add in yellow or red curry paste for variation and cook for a minute. You can also add in some chickpeas or baked/crisped tofu at this point to make it into a meal. )
- Add the rice and salt and toss well. Taste and adjust salt and spice. Add more spices as needed. Add a dash of cayenne and some lime/lemon juice and mix in. (Variation: add in some roasted nuts and mix in)
- Cover and cook for 2 mins. Then let sit covered for another 2-3 mins for the flavors to develop.
- Garnish with cilantro and lemon juice. Serve with chutneys or dips or as a side with curries or stir fries