Perfect Molten Lava Cakes
These Molten Lava Cakes are truly PERFECT! Gooey, warm, soft and cakey, they're the ultimate decadent dessert.
- 4 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate (like by Baker's or Ghirardelli)
- ½ cup butter (I used unsalted)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
- Ice cream and chocolate syrup for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Liberally grease 4 baking dishes or ramekins.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt together the chocolate and butter on HIGH for 1 minute or until chocolate is smooth and butter has melted. Whisk the chocolate until mixture has combined and is smooth and glossy.
- Add in the powdered sugar, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla, stirring to combine. Lastly, add in the flour and pinch of salt until a thick batter forms.
- Portion the batter evenly among the ramekins and bake for approx. 13-15 minutes or until the edges are firm and set but the center is still soft. Let the cakes stand for about 2 minutes before carefully running a knife along the edge of the ramekin and releasing the cake gently onto a plate. Top with ice cream and chocolate sauce, if desired. Serve immediately.