Sweet potato and zucchini healthy strata bake
Perfect for breakfast and great in the lunchbox, this sweet potato and zucchini healthy strata bake is jam packed full of veggies. Kid and freezer friendly. Great way to start the day with extra veggies!
- 500 grams sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- one zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 180 / 355F degrees.
- Thinly slice the sweet potato. Steam, boil or even bake until just tender- you want it bendy- not smushy!
- In the base of a 20cm square cake tin, place a thin layer of the sweet potato followed by 1/4 cup frozen peas and 1/4 cup frozen corn.
- Top with a layer of zucchini.
- Mix the eggs with the cream and 1/2 cup of the cheese in a jug.
- Pour over the veggies in the cake tin.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheese and the thyme.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden and set. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- You can freeze in slices. And defrost overnight in the fridge before putting in the lunchbox.