The Best Rich and Moist Chocolate Cake
Are you craving a delicious chocolate cake? This is the BEST rich and moist chocolate cake from a box mix that is unbelievably EASY to make! This is a bakery quality cake that anyone can make at home with common ingredients! #chocolatecake #easycake
- 1 box Devil's food cake mix
- 1 small package instant chocolate pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips well. Then gently fold in chips.
- I always use a 9 x 13 pan, by 2 - 9 inch round pans can also be used. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- MIX otesMix ingredients very well before adding chocolate chips
- Be careful not to add liquids to pudding mix only as it can begin to set up like pudding
- The pudding makes this cake so moist, but it also means the cake takes longer than normal to bake
- Baking times vary, so I use a toothpick to test the cake a couple times to prevent burning
- Cake can be made in two 9 inch pans or in a 9 x 13-inch pan
- I always use store bought icing to save time, but feel free to make homemade icing