Vegan Peanut Noodles
An easy vegan peanut noodles recipe with vegetables, ramen, air fried tofu and sesame seeds. Loaded with flavor from lime, cilantro and fresh basil, crunchy texture from cucumbers and bell peppers lusciously coated in a garlicky peanut sauce.
- Peanut Butter Sauce
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-3 large limes juiced
- 5 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tsp red chili flakes or to taste
Veggies & Herbs
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1.5 cups green cabbage shredded
- 1/2 English cucumber cut into 2 inch sticks (or 3 Persian cucumbers)
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 bell pepper sliced (or 4 mini peppers )
- 1.5 tbsp black sesame seeds
Tofu & Noodles
- 14 oz block firm tofu organic non-gmo
- 1 tbsp tapioca
- sea salt to taste
- 8 oz brown rice ramen or soba noodles no seasonings
- Make the Peanut Sauce:
- Whisk the peanut butter, tamari, lime juice, maple syrup, chili flakes and garlic until creamy and smooth. Adjust seasonings to your taste and refrigerate until needed.
Prepare the Tofu & Noodles:
- Drain the block of tofu and slice in half horizontally. Wrap both pieces in a tea towel and place on a plate with a heavy pot on top. Press for a couple of hours then cut tofu into one inch pieces or so. Pat as much of the moisture out as possible.
- Transfer the tofu cubes to a bowl and toss with a pinch of sea salt and the tapioca.
- Place each cube on a parchment lined air fryer tray without touching each other preferably. Air fry at 375” for 14 minutes. No need to flip them half way, we are just looking to get them a little crisp with a tempura like coating.
- Meanwhile cook the ramen noodles according to the instructions on the package. Take good care not to overcook them. Usually as soon as they separate from one another they should be ready to come out. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process and prevent sticking.
Toss the Noodles:
- Add your sliced vegetables, herbs (reserve some for garnish), scallions and cooked ramen noodles to a large bowl together with the air fried tofu pieces. Drizzle with the peanut sauce over the top and toss well until lusciously coated all over. Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds and garnish with some of the fresh basil and cilantro.