Baked Chicken Avocado Meatballs
Soft and easy chicken meatballs as appetizers or main, served with barbecue / marinara sauce. Today it is meatball time! Not beef. Not pork. Not veal. Not turkey. Lean ground chicken. Healthy but can be a little dry. Not these babies. Mashed ripe avocado is mixed into the ground chicken for some healthy fat and
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup mashed avocado, about 1 medium
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- 2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, until thoroughly mixed.
- 3. Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon measure ice cream scoop, make about 25 balls and place them on the greased baking sheet, about 1-inch apart (wet hands help in shaping smooth balls. Have a small bowl filled with water, dip the palm of your hands and shape them with ease). If you do not have an ice cream scoop, simply use a heaped tablespoon measure chicken mixture to make balls.
- 4. Spray the tops with a coating of non-stick cooking spray, place baking sheet in the middle of the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- 5. Place baking sheet on a wire rack to cool.
- 6. Serve meatballs with barbecue or marinara sauce.