Chicken Stir Fry with Rice Noodles (30 minute meal)
You will love this 30-Minute Stir-Fry Recipe with Chicken and Rice Noodles
- 12 oz rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb 2 medium skinless boneless chicken breasts, sliced into bite-size strips
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper or 1/2 red and 1/2 green, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 4 oz shiitake or portobello mushroom sliced
- 1 tablespoon peeled and shredded fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce NOT low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- few drizzles of sesame oil
- Bring medium size pan of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook them on medium heat for about 2 to 4 minutes (depending on thickness of noodles), or until barely tender. Drain and stir in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over high heat. Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper then place it into the hot skillet and stir-fry about 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add bell peppers, broccoli and mushrooms and saute 1 minute then add ginger to the skillet and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine chicken stock, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch.
- Add chicken, noodles, and broth mixture to the skillet and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until chicken is hot and fully cooked through.
- Right before serving drizzle sesame oil and season to taste with salt and pepper as desired. Grab a fork and enjoy!
- Straight cut rice noodles can be purchased in the Asian section of most grocery stores.
- If using low sodium soy sauce or broth, be sure to season to taste with salt or the recipe will be lacking in flavor.