CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE
The BEST Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe made in the crock pot. This soup is packed with flavorful ingredients including chicken, tomatoes, corn, beans, green chilis, & lots of seasonings!
- 1 lb chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 6 c chicken stock
- 15 oz can corn drained
- 1 1/2 15 oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 c chopped onion (optional)
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 small can diced green chilis
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- monterey jack cheese shredded
- corn tortillas for homemade tortilla strips - you can use store bought strips
- cubed avocados for topping
- Cook and shred (or cube) chicken.
- Add all the ingredients, except the cheese, corn tortilla strips and avocados to your crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 3-4 hours).
- Add cheese just before serving, and top each serving with your favorite toppings (we like corn tortilla strips and avocado).
- To make homemade corn tortilla strips, slice up corn tortillas with a pizza cutter. Flash Fry in hot oil or bake in the oven at 425 for 8-10 minutes turning halfway through. ENJOY!