Cream Cheese Avocado Bacon Bites
Cream Cheese Avocado Bacon Bites are loaded with cream cheese, avocados, bacon, cheese and fried to a golden brown.
For The Cream Cheese Avocado Bacon Filling
- (2) 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 3 large avocados, diced small
- 1 lb bacon, crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup Sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup Pepper Jack, shredded
- 1/2 cup diced jalapenos (I used diced jalapenos from a jar)
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp lime juice
- For The Coating
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1-2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2+ cups vegetable oil
- For The Cream Cheese Avocado Bacon Filling
- Fry bacon until crispy then place fried bacon on a plate lined with paper towels. Once cool enough to handle, crumble and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for 2-3 minutes on medium speed until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients, except avocados, stir.
- Gently stir diced avocados into mixture then chill in the fridge for an hour.
For The Coating
- Add flour to a bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk and egg together in another bowl.
- Place bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Form about a tablespoon of mixture into a ball.
- Roll each ball in flour, then into the buttermilk mixture, lastly into the bread crumbs and place on a baking sheet that will fit into the freezer.
- Flash freeze for about an hour so they hold their shape while frying.
Frying The Avocado Bacon Bites
- Using a large cast iron pan or heavy bottom pan, heat oil over medium heat to 350°.
- Place approximately 6-8 balls in frying pan and fry until golden brown, turning frequently, approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove from oil and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.