EASY CHICKEN CASSEROLE
Easy Chicken Casserole is creamy and savory, made with chicken, onion, and bell peppers in a seasoned sauce and topped with Ritz crackers and cheddar cheese, perfectly cooked in 45 minutes!
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 10.75 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 28 Ritz crackers crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a large skillet on medium heat and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side before removing the chicken to a plate and chopping roughly.
- Add two more tablespoons of the butter with the onion, bell pepper, garlic and black pepper on medium heat and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the cream of chicken, sour cream and milk and mix well then pour the mixture into your baking dish.
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and mix with the ritz crackers and cheddar cheese and sprinkle it over the chicken then bake for 30-35 minutes.