Easy Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread
This Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread is so delicious, moist and tender with a chocolatey flavor, crunchy nuts and wonderful aroma. Either as breakfast or dessert, it will make you feel cozy and heartwarming.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter (see Notes for non-dairy substitute)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C) and butter a loaf pan.
- Gather dry ingredients. Sift cocoa powder into the all-purpose flour, then add baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and salt to that same bowl. Mix to combine them evenly.
- Dry ingredients for Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas until there's no big lumps. Add the melted butter and stir well to combine. Then stir in the egg and sugar.
- Wet ingredients for Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread
- Add the flour mixture and chopped walnuts to the wet ingredients. With a wooden spoon or spatula, gently mix to combine. Do not over-mix.
- Mix the batter of chocolate walnut banana bread
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the bread cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. After that, remove the bread from the pan and let it cool completely on a cooling rack.