Easy Farro Spring Salad
This spring salad with farro, vegetables, and eggs is a protein-packed, meatless lunch or dinner. It's an easy recipe, made partially in your Instant Pot!
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 8-12 asparagus
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3-4 artichoke hearts
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Rinse 1 cup farro in a colander, then transfer to Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water (+ sea salt if desired). Lock the lid and turn the valve to sealing position. Set to 22 minutes on high pressure, let the pressure release naturally (15-20 minutes). If you don't have an instant pot, here is a complete guide on How to Cook Farro.
- While farro is cooking. Make hard boiled eggs, either in a second Instant Pot or in a regular pot on the stove top. I like putting fridge cold eggs into boiling water and cook in a rolling boil for 7 minutes, then remove and let cool down on the kitchen counter (no ice bath or running water required).
- Peel and thinly slice the onion. Wash asparagus and cut off dry ends, then cut into 2-inch pieces. Wash, deseed and thinly slice the bell pepper. Drain and cut artichokes in half or quarters. Add all vegetables to a baking sheet, add 3 cloves of crushed garlic, sea salt, pepper, and massage oil and seasoning into the vegetables with your hands.
- Place in the oven for 8-12 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus.
- In the meantime, add steaming hot farro to a large bowl and add frozen peas and stir until the peas are defrosted.
- Add roasted vegetables to the bowl and serve in two bowls or divide into two meal prep containers.
- Add a hard-boiled egg per serving and drizzle with fresh lemon juice.