Graham Cracker Toffee Bars
People go NUTS for these simple, but amazing Graham Cracker Toffee Bars! They only require 5 simple ingredients, and less than 30 minutes to make. They're perfect for a quick and easy "homemade candy bar" type of treat that's sure to be a crowd favorite.
- 1 package honey graham crackers
- 14 ounces Hershey's chocolate bars (I use two large 7 oz bars)
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x13'' pan with parchment paper (or spray with cooking spray.)
- Place graham cracker sheets along the bottom of the pan.
- Add butter to a large saucepan over medium heat and allow it to melt. Add the brown sugar and pecans, and stir constantly, bringing the mixture to a full boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture over graham crackers and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- While the bars are baking, unwrap the Hershey's chocolate bars and break them into pieces.
- Remove bars from oven and carefully place chocolate pieces across the top of the toffee layer. Cover the pan with a lid or aluminum foil to allow the chocolate to melt (5-10 minutes).
- Once chocolate has begun to melt, remove the lid and use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate evenly over the bars.
- Allow to cool completely before serving. I like to store mine in the fridge to set up (not required) but I leave them out at room temperature for 15 minutes before cutting them, to allow the chocolate to soften.