OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE ALICE SPRING’S CHICKEN
Outback Steakhouse Copycat Alice Spring's Chicken
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 12 oz bacon
- 4 chicken breast, trimmed and pounded to an even thickness
- Lawry's seasoning salt (or salt & pepper)
- garlic powder
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Colby-Jack cheese
- green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine honey, mustard & mayo and set aside. Cut bacon in half and cook in a large skillet until done. Remove bacon to a paper towel covered plate and set aside. Keep about 2 Tbsp of bacon grease in skillet to fry chicken in. Sprinkle chicken breasts lightly with lawry's, paprika and garlic powder. Brown chicken in skillet over medium high for 5 minutes. Flip and brown the other side. Remove from pan and place in a 13x9 baking dish. Add mushrooms to the skillet and cook in bacon/chicken juices for about 5 minutes. (If you are really feeling crazy, throw a Tablespoon of butter in the pan with them;-)
- Now divide the honey mustard dressing in half. You want some for serving. Now it's time to layer your chicken. Pour 1/2 of the honey mustard over the chicken, then the mushrooms, cooked bacon and finally, top with the cheese. e
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with green onions and serve with reserved honey mustard dressing.