Avocado-Tomato Open-Face Sandwich
This delicious, quick-and-easy snack is packed with flavor, fiber and contains only 150 calories! #lunch #lunchideas#healthylunchideas #healthylunches#healthylunch #lunchrecipes #recipe#eatingwell #healthy
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until brown and crisp, about 8 minutes, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread each slice of toasted bread with avocado and top with 2 tomato slices. Season with salt and pepper and top with bacon.