Cheesy Taco Pasta
Taco Pasta makes for a cheesy and meaty dinner option that is easy to prepare! It is a runaway winner in my household, and it only takes 30 minutes to make!
- 1/2 pound large shells pasta
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Chopped parsley
- Cook the pasta according box directions, drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Once it starts sizzling add the ground beef and brown well, breaking it with a spoon until no longer pink.
- Drain the fat.
- Add the onion and garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the taco seasoning, dried oregano, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Add 3/4 cup of water, stir and cook until water is gone.
- Add the pasta to the pan. Add the salsa and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately, preferably with crunchy tortilla chips, sour cream and more cheese on top.