Chipotle Vegan Burrito with Cilantro Lime Rice
The Ulitmate Vegan Burrito – the perfect meatless meal! Loaded with chipotle black beans, cilantro-lime rice, pico de gallo, avocado, and spicy sauce. They are packed with flavor and will be on your table in no time!
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Squeeze of lime
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup black beans, drained but not rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 10-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Optional toppings: salsa, corn kernels, lettuce, diced tomato, diced avocado or guacamole, cheese and sour cream
- In a small bowl, mix the rice with the cilantro and lime juice. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, and saute the green pepper and onion until the onion is browned. Add the garlic and oregano, and saute for 1 more minute. Set aside.
- In the meantime, warm the black beans in the microwave or in a saucepan over low heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave, on the stove, or in the oven, according to package directions.
- Spoon the black beans down the middle of each tortilla, dividing equally. Add the rice, vegetables and any optional toppings.
- Fold two sides of the tortilla over the filling, and roll up the burrito from an unfolded edge. Repeat with second burrito. Serve them seam-side down.