Creamy Whipped Banana Oatmeal
This recipe for creamy whipped banana oatmeal is simple, made from wholesome ingredients, and is healthy. It is made with steel cut oats, is sweetened naturally, is gluten free, and dairy free.
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats (can use regular rolled oats, just reduce cooking time by 5 minutes)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 overripe, mashed banana
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Add oats and almond milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Once mixture has thickened up, turn off heat. It will continue to get thicker as it sits.
- Add in mashed banana, coconut oil, syrup, peanut butter, and salt. Use a fork to whisk and break up any chunks.
- Add toppings of choice and serve immediately.
- If making for the week ahead, just add a splash of almond milk and reheat in the morning in the microwave or on the stove top.