GREEK CHICKPEA SALAD
Greek Chickpea Salad, made with chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives and Feta is perfect to make ahead, for lunch for the week!
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (Goya)
- 2 cups diced Persian cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1/3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 20 kalamata or gaeta olives
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 4 ounces fresh feta, sliced thick
- juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In each of 4 (4-cup) containers or bowls, arrange 1/3 cup chickpeas, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/4 green pepper, 1/3 cup tomato, olives and red onion, top with Feta cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Serve about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing with each salad.