Hearty Hamburger Cauliflower Soup #souprecipes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Medium Onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14.5 oz) Can Stewed Tomatoes
- 3 Cups water
- 3 Beef bouillon cubes
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Celery flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Large Cauliflower head (cut into florets)
- Add the oil to a large pot and turn heat on medium. When oil is hot, saute the onion until almost translucent. Add the hamburger and brown. Drain excess grease. Add the stewed tomatoes, water, bouillon cubes, onion powder, basil, garlic salt, celery flakes and salt and pepper. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets and simmer (very slow simmer) for 1 hour. Salt and pepper to taste.
Tips and Stuff:
- I added a another cup of water to her original recipe (called for 2 cups) because I wanted to make sure and have enough to take to my friend.
- Remember to drain off excess grease after browning the hamburger meat and before you add the rest of the ingredients so the soup won't be oily.
- The original recipe didn't have basil, but it's one of my favorite herbs so I put it in almost everything!
- Be sure and add the cauliflower when the recipe calls for it - you don't want it to get mushy.
- Next time I might add even more vegetables - the broth base of this is soooo good!