Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins! Super moist and made with healthy ingredients! #muffins #banana#bananabread #bananamuffins#healthydesserts #healthybaking#chocolatechip
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or mild olive oil)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners and it set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the honey, sugar, eggs, Greek yogurt, and mashed bananas, mixing until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add the dry mixture of ingredients to the wet mixture of ingredients and, using a rubber spatula, mix until just combined. Stop mixing when there's just the faintest trail of dry ingredients left. You don't want to over mix here.
- Fold in the melted coconut oil and mix until it's just combined.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chips, mixing just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among prepared muffin tins, filling each tin all the way to the top.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the tops are puffed up and lightly golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, or with a just a few moist crumbs attached. Cool muffins at least 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy muffins warm, or store in a covered container for up to 2 days.