THAT GOOD SALAD
That Good Salad earned its name by being the talk of every potluck and dinner party. With bacon, Parmesan, tomatoes, and a lemon garlic dressing, it's always a hit!
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 romaine lettuce head
- 2 stalks curly kale, stems removed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup croutons, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2-3 big garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Add the bacon to a cold skillet and fry until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and allow to drain, then chop the bacon into small pieces.
- In a dry skillet, toast the slivered almonds for a few minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned and fragrant. Cool.
- Chop the kale and romaine into thin strips. In a bowl, toss together the cherry tomatoes, cheeses, croutons, nuts, and bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and garlic. Pour the oil slowly into the mixture, whisking constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve.