Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta
Flavorful vegan pasta made with avocado, spinach, and classic pesto ingredients.
- 8 oz Pasta of Choice
- Flesh of 1 large Avocado
- 3 oz Fresh Basil, de-stemmed
- ½ bunch Parsley, de-stemmed
- 3-5 cloves of Garlic
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- Juice + Zest of 1 Lemon
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Flakes (Optional)
- ¼ cup Vegetable Broth, plus more to preference
- ½ tsp Salt, plus more to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook your Pasta according to the package instructions.
- In the meantime, combine all of the Pesto ingredients in a Food Processor and process until evenly incorporated. If you’d like your Pesto to be thinner, add additional Vegetable Broth in 2 tbsp increments as necessary.
- Drain the pasta, then return to the Pot and toss over low heat with the Pesto until warmed. Serve as desired. Store any leftover sauce in the fridge for up to one week, or it can be frozen for up to one month!