Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies
These cookies are my go-to when I want to impress! They are a hit every time and I know I can always count on people to ask for the recipe with a mouth full of fudgey double chocolate cookies!
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) White Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (125g) All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup (56g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 3.5 oz (100g) Vegan Dark Chocolate + more for topping (chopped into small chunks)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the vegan butter and brown and white sugar to an electric mixing bowl and cream together. Add the vanilla and mix in.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing in by hand until crumbly.
- Add the 1 Tbsp soy milk or other non-dairy milk and mix into a thick cookie dough.
- Add the chocolate chunks and mix in. Your cookie dough will be very thick, but sticky enough to easily roll into balls.
- Roll into small balls and space evenly on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The edges will be firm but the cookies will still be soft in the middle. This is fine, they will firm up as they cool.
- Press in a few more chocolate chunks to the top of the cookies as they come out of the oven if you like (optional).