Einkorn Chocolate Cake
Der beste Einkorn Schokoladenkuchen - Ein hausgemachter Schokoladenkuchen aus Einkornmehl. Reichhaltig, schokoladig und perfekt gesüßt, gekrönt mit einer hausgemachten Schokoladenbuttercreme.
For the Cake
- 3 cups Einkorn flour (or any wheat)
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 Tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup salted butter melted
- 2 tsp homemade vanilla extract
- 2 cups room temperature water
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
For the Icing
- 3 1/2 cups organic powdered sugar (I used the wholesome brand that doesn't have cornstarch)
- 1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 tsp homemade vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, cocoa powder, and baking soda, stirring to mix well.
- Add melted butter, vanilla, and lukewarm water. Mix until well combined.
- Add apple cider vinegar, stirring well to make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Pour batter into cake pans and bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For the Icing
- Combine powdered sugar and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla extract and butter.
- Gradually add water, stirring well to combine until icing reaches the right consistency for spreading.
- Allow cake layers to cool completely before removing from the pans.
- Stack one on top of the other (I didn't add an icing layer between the two cakes, but you definitely could... I just forgot!).
- Pour the icing on top and spread as normal.
- If the icing has "set up" a bit before you get it on the cake, just stir well and it will be fine!